How do I transfer my membership to someone else?
- Please complete the Online Membership Transfer Request Form by March 24, 2017. Please check back for the link to the form. You will need the full name and email of the person you are transferring to, in addition to your membership information
Can I pick up my friends or family’s memberships?
- Yes. Please fill out the Pick Up Request Form (to be posted) by March 24, 2017 and then bring the following items with you:
- Confirmation E-mail
- The “Accepted Request” email from the Registration Department.
- Photocopy of ticket owner’s Photo I.D.
- Your photo I.D.
Is there a hotel special?
- If you book a room at the Ala Moana hotel for Kawaii Kon, you can purchase using a special Kawaii Kon rate. Information on the hotel can be found here. The special Kawaii Kon rate will be posted closer to the convention.
- If you are looking to book a hotel and get your pass at the same time, consider a VIP Package! This package includes a three-night stay, your badges and additional perks. VIP packages will be available around December 2016.
What does Preregistration mean?
- Preregistration is buying a membership to Kawaii Kon before the convention begins.
Where am I able to buy a membership before the convention starts?
- Preregistration is available starting on the Sunday of the convention for the following year. After that, you will be able to purchase your membership online, as well at various Kawaii Kon run events throughout the year.
What is the cutoff date for online orders?
- Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 11:59pm
If I buy a membership online will my pass be mailed to me?
- No. You must pick up your membership during Registration’s operating hours during the weekend of the convention.
Where do I go to pick up my membership?
- Registration is located in the first floor foyer at the Hawaii Convention Center. Your membership badge can be picked up there. Make sure you get in the right line (Preregistered if you purchased before the show, or At-the-Door if you plan on purchasing there) so you don’t have to stand in line twice!
What is required to pick up my preregistered membership?
- You will need to bring a print out of your confirmation email and a matching valid form of ID. The name on your confirmation must match the name on your ID.
What types of photo IDs are accepted?
Valid Photo I.D. that Kawaii Kon will accept are, but not limited to:
- State-issued I.D.
- Driver’s License
- School/ College/ University I.D.
- Armed Forces I.D.
What if I do not have my photo I.D.?
- The membership will not be released, so please double check before you leave your house!
What do I do if I preregistered at last year’s convention, but did not receive a confirmation email?
- Please contact the Registration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
I bought my membership online, but I lost the confirmation email. Can Kawaii Kon resend it?
- Before emailing Registration, please try to locate the original email by searching your e-mail spam/inbox or logging back into Eventbrite.
What time are we allowed to line up on Thursday night?
- You may begin lining up at 3pm. Registration will be open from 4pm-7pm to hand out preregistered passes only.
If I preregistered, do I have to pick up my membership on Thursday?
- No. You can pick up your membership on any day. Registration offers the convenience of Thursday night pick up for those who wish to enjoy Kawaii Kon without losing time in the registration lines.
Will you be accepting At-the-Door Registrations on Thursday?
- Yes, It will begin around 5:30pm. There will be a separate line for those who wish to register on Thursday night. The specific location of this line will be announced closer to the convention. Only Three-Day passes will be sold on Thursday night.
When I pick up my preregistered pass on Thursday night, what line do I get into?
- There will be two lines (A-K & L-Z) that will break off into single letter lines. You will need to stand in the line according to the first letter of your Last Name.
If I’m only going to be purchasing a One-Day membership, will I be able to purchase it on Friday for Saturday?
- No. One day memberships will need to be purchased on the day that you decide to attend. This means you can only purchase a 1 day Friday membership on Friday, a 1 day Saturday membership on Saturday, and a 1 day Sunday membership on Sunday.
What do I need to purchase a membership at the door?
- You will need a complete copy of this At-the-Door Form (we’ll have them available at the show too!) and a valid form of ID.
What type of credit cards does Kawaii Kon accept?
I bought a T-shirt/Special Event Ticket etc. online. Where and when am I able to pick it up?
- They will be available for pick up as early as 9:00am on the Friday of the convention at the Merchandise Booth located next to Registration.
Help! I lost my membership! What do I do?
- Please check with Lost & Found first before mentally preparing yourself to pay the full price to replace your lost pass.
Does Kawaii Kon enforce Hawaii’s Truancy Laws?
- Yes. Since the Friday of the convention is a school day, and being that Kawaii Kon is a convention that is dedicated to creating a broader awareness & appreciation for Japanese animation and culture, we encourage the education of the attending students. We will not allow students to pick up their passes until after 12:00pm on Friday.
Does Kawaii Kon offer discounts for large school anime clubs?
- Yes. Please have the club advisor contact the Registration Department at email@example.com for an inquiry. Emails from students will not be accepted.