Attending the Anime Swap Meet
Great deals abound! The anime swap meet is part of the Hawaii Collector’s Expo which will be held February 24-25, 2018 at the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 9am – 6pm
- Sunday, February 25, 2018 10am – 4pm
If you held onto your Kawaii Kon 2017 or Comic Con Honolulu 2017 badge you can get into this event free!
- 3 Day Pass to Collector’s Expo: $7.50
- 1 Day Pass to Collector’s Expo: $5
- Military Pass to Collector’s Expo: Free with ID
For more information, please visit the Hawaii Collector’s Expo website.
Kawaii Kon Features & Events
In addition to hosting the swap meet, we will also have activities and fun for cosplayers! If you’d like to get in a test run of your cosplay, we’ll be hosting a cosplay parade around the expo (time TBD).
Memberships to Kawaii Kon will be on sale at our booth for $5 off the online price. We accept both cash and credit. This will be the LAST time you can purchase your membership in person before the show, so don’t miss out!
Vending at the Anime Swap Meet
Need to clean out your closet? Want to sell some of your gently used, handmade or unopened goods to fund your next Kawaii Kon? Consider a booth at the Anime Swap Meet! This event is part of the Hawaii Collectors Expo held annually at the Blaisdell Center.
Rules to participate:
- You must be 18 years or older to sell at the Anime Swap Meet (ASM) You must register online.
- Slots will be filled on a “first come, first served” basis. Booth space will be assigned on the first day of the event.
- You must register no later than midnight 2/19/18. All registration forms will be time stamped.
- The Anime Swap Meet will occur on Saturday 2/24 and Sunday 2/25, 2018.
- Vending fee covers BOTH days of ASM ($25). Payment will be collected at the start of Saturday’s ASM. Times for each day are: Saturday from 9am-6pm, and Sunday 10am-4pm
- Each space is approximately 5′ x 5′ and will be pre-taped onto the floor.
- TWO SPACES per person MAX, and you may share your space with one other person.
- Please be mindful of your space and do not over-hang your items onto an adjacent space. Each seller is responsible for their own products, display, security, and safety.
- As the vending space is on the floor, a low stool, floor mat / blanket / towel, or comfy cushion is allowed and suggested. You may also bring low (< 20″) tables for displaying your goods. However, please do not bring full-height tables , shelves, display cases, or the like with you to the ASM.
- You may bring 1 (ONE) full sized garment rack.
End of the Anime Swap Meet
- You must stay at the show from opening to closing. The venue does not allow early pack-out. You may however, only stay for one day or the other if you so choose, but there will be no discount provided (so it will be $25 whether or not you stay for both days).
Items For Sale Guidelines
- Items allowed for sale are limited to individuals selling off portions of their personal collection only
- Self-made crafts and art commissions can be sold at the ASM
- Unlicensed, bootleg, or counterfeit goods and materials are prohibited at the ASM
- No adult materials will be allowed at the ASM
- No food sales will be allowed at the booths at the ASM
- Space for both Saturday and Sunday for one low price of only $25! If you only want to vend one day, the price will still be $25
- January 17 – Applications Open
- January 28 – First Round of Acceptances Sent Out
- February 11 – Second Round of Acceptances Sent Out (if spaces are not sold out)
- February 19 – Final Round of Acceptances Sent Out (if spaces are not sold out)
- February 20 – Details of load-in etc sent out
- February 24-25 – ASM!