So you’re interested in participating in the annual Artist Alley auctions?
The Artist Alley hosts two Auctions throughout the weekend, a silent auction and a live auction. A portion of the proceeds for all auction items will go to the Hawaii Food Bank.
100% of the proceeds for charity items will go to Hawaii Food Bank, and 5% of all for-profit items will go to Hawaii Food Bank.
- If you would like to participate in the silent auction, you must register at the Artist Alley Information table to be assigned a bidder number.
- Bidding must be in at least $1.00 increments
- If the piece does not reach the minimum bid amount set by the artist, the piece will be returned to the artist.
- All bidders must honor their bids if they win an auction. Live auction pieces must be paid for immediately following the auction. Silent Auction pieces must be picked up and paid for no later than 12pm on Sunday.
- All art pieces must be paid by cash or charge. A 3.5% convenience fee will be added to all card sales. All sales are final.
If you would like your art featured in an auction:
- The auctions are open to all artists. You do not need to have a table in the Artist Alley to be featured in an art auction.
- You may sell your original fan art, but you must credit the ORIGINAL artist. Worked reproductions cannot be sold. A worked reproduction is a composition of an existing, published piece of artwork, such as images from a poster, or an art book.
- No offensive material. Kawaii Kon is a family-friendly convention. Please keep your piece(s) at least PG-13.
- Merchandise items, such as bookmarks, multiple prints, screened shirts, etc., will not be allowed. If you wish to sell such items, please purchase a vendor table in Artist Alley.
- All 2-D artwork must be mounted, matted, or framed and ready to hang. Construction paper, thin paper backings, or sheet protectors are not substitutes for heavy card stock mattes, foarm board or frames. Heavy stock refers to at least 120lb weight paper that is not easily bendable or rollable. All framed pieces must have a hook or line from which the piece can be hung flat. Please prepare your pieces accordingly. These requirements are to ensure the safety of the patrons and the artwork.
Terms of Entering the Auction:
- There is a $2.00 fee to have your art entered in either of the auction. This fee will need to be submitted when you submit your art for entry.
- Artist Alley will retain 5% commission off the final sale price of any purchased piece.
- We cannot accept mailed artwork. You must submit your art in person on Thursday night or Friday morning, before 11am. We will not accept any entries after 11am. If you cannot make the scheduled drop-off time, please email us at email@example.com to make other arrangements in advance.
- When you fill out the art application form, you will be able to set a minimum bid price for your artwork. We suggest that you consider this amount carefully and keep your price reasonable.
- If special arrangements are required, such as if you have a very large or free-standing piece, please contact the Artist Alley department at firstname.lastname@example.org to make proper arrangements.
- Once entered into the show, pieces may not be withdrawn and the conditions of sale may not be changed. This includes the amount of minimum bid, title of the piece, etc.
- All pieces not claimed by the pickup deadline after the auction has ended, will be considered abandoned and become property of Kawaii Kon.