Not a crowds person? Don’t worry, you can still compete!
The Hallway Cosplay Contest lets fellow kon-goers vote for their favorite Cosplay. The requirements for this contest are more relaxed, and you never have to go on stage! In addition you still get the benefit of getting recognized for your hard work!
To enter the contest, come to the table with the Hallway Cosplay banner on Friday between 12 pm and 5pm. An event staffer will take your picture and collect your contact info. Voting will open at 5pm and continue until 9pm, at this time kon-goers will have the opportunity to vote ONCE for their favorite cosplayer.
On Saturday, the contest portion will open at 10am and continue until 1pm. Voting will commence and 1 and finish at 3pm. Winners for both days will be announced at the Cosplay Showcase in Main Events (between 4pm and 5pm).
You will be contacted before the event if you are the winner for either day.
The rules are as follows:
- If you entered the Cosplay Masquerade, you cannot enter the Hallway Cosplay Contest for that same year, regardless if the costumes are different. If you do so, you will be disqualified from both competitions.
- You cannot enter the Hallway Cosplay contest with a Cosplay you have entered previously in either the Showcase/Masquerade or the Hallway Cosplay Contest.
- To enter the competition, your costume must include at least one self-crafted piece
- Your Cosplay can be from any source—Original characters are allowed as well.
- You may not engage in any behavior that puts yourself or spectators at risk. Weapons maybe unsheathed to take your picture, but not swung around. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in your disqualification and removal from the convention center premises.
- No nudity, please. We are a family friendly show. Topless males are okay, but topless females are not. If in doubt, cover it up.
- The Events directors have final say in all circumstances and disputes. They may change the rules at any time if necessary.
- If you win, you must be present at the kon at some point after the announcement to receive your trophy.
Have fun! You’ve worked hard on your Cosplay—show it off!