Effective date: Jan 31, 2023
Kawaii Kon is a fan-run convention for fans, by fans. We believe that all conventions should be a fun, inclusive, and most of all, safe place to celebrate your fandom and uniqueness amongst like-minded individuals. We will revise this page in the event health and safety guidelines change with regard to vaccination policies and/or mask guidelines. As of the effective date of this guideline, there are no COVID-19 restrictions in place to enter the state of Hawaii or City of Honolulu if traveling on a domestic flight. For all international flights, please check with your local guidelines to ensure an expedient entry to the island.
Kawaii Kon will NOT be requiring proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test in order to attend Kawaii Kon 2023.
However, we strongly recommend that attendees stay up to date with vaccinations and booster shots.
Masks or face coverings are not required in open areas but masks are highly encouraged in the exhibit halls as well as when in close proximity to other attendees such as a line. Wearing a mask when possible is always recommended at any crowded event, but we understand that there are times when a mask is unable to be worn.
If you would like a mask, we will have disposable and reusable masks available for sale.
Additional Details & Protocols
- Hand sanitizer stands will be available throughout the Hawaii Convention Center for attendees.
- Please do not attend if you are experiencing any COVID19 (or any other illness!) symptoms
- You may transfer your pass to a friend or you may rollover for Kawaii Kon 2024. Please see the Registration FAQ on how to proceed with the transfer/rollover
- If you begin feeling unwell while at the convention, please head to the first aid station between rooms 318 & 319. We have a Straub nurse or doctor available during all operating hours of the event.
- Washing your hands with soap is one of the best ways to help keep everyone healthy
- Bear in mind that guests will have varying levels of comfort with human contact. We will do our best to communicate ahead of time what each guests’ requests are. It is possible that they may change their preferences during the convention to be more or less restrictive. Please be patient and understanding so that the guest will feel comfortable and want to come back in future years!