Thanks for checking out our Code of Conduct! If everyone follows these guidelines, the convention will be the best it can be!
Kawaii Kon expects a level of acceptable and reasonable behavior from all attendees.
Please have consideration for all Attendees, Guests, and Kawaii Kon Staffers, as well as for the individuals who are attending other events at the Hawaii Convention Center.
- Any violation of these rules may result in suspension of their pass(es) and even a permanent ban from the Kawaii Kon Convention and its sister conventions. Any attendee caught breaking a state or federal law at Kawaii Kon will be reported to local authorities. Kawaii Kon has the right to revise the Code of Conduct at any time and for any reason without notice.
Consent to Photography
- Any photographs or videos of attendees taken by Kawaii Kon staff in an official capacity may be used or published by Kawaii Kon without further consent of the attendees being recorded.
- Photography and recording of any kind are strictly prohibited during concert events, with the exception of official Kawaii Kon Press Staff and pre-approved members of the press.
- Kawaii Kon strives to provide a safe and fun environment for all those who attend the convention. Behavior such as, but not limited to moshing and/or standing on chairs will not be tolerated at any time for any reason during any convention events. Individuals who engage in such behavior will be immediately ejected from the event. A verbal warning will be issued for a first time violation and any further misconduct will result in confiscation of their pass for the remainder of the convention.
- Smoking is only permitted in pre-designated areas at the Hawaii Convention Center.
- Please be prepared to show your badge any time you enter a convention space or event – it identifies you as a fully paid attendee of the convention.
- Please consider how your words and actions reflect on the convention and how they impact those around you, as most of the convention activities and areas are directed at general audiences (PG-13). Please keep in mind that other individuals’ opinions may differ from your own. Do not engage in heated discussions with an individual(s).
- Use your common sense in public areas. If you are unsure whether something is appropriate to do in public, please consult one of the Kawaii Kon security staff or Directors.
- If you notice others are uncomfortable with your costume or your activities, please stop immediately. We take pride in our appearance and we want you to do so as well while still having fun. To this effect, Kawaii Kon Directors have final say on all matters.
Costumes and Clothing
- Any indecent exposure (public exposure of genitalia, buttocks or (female) breasts) is not permitted. When choosing and/or creating your costume, please keep in mind the constraints of local laws and customs concerning public decency. Just because an anime character wears only a face mask, you may not do so.
- Sturdy and fitted costumes are required, should you choose to cosplay; you should not be falling out of your costume, and it should not be falling apart around you. Also, remember to have proper support such as bras and/or athletic cups, especially if you plan to be physically active, i.e., dancing or running.
- If you have a bulky or large costume, please be aware of your surroundings. Try not to hit other attendees, block walkways or access, or cause a disruption. You are responsible for your own costume and should respect those around you.
Harassment and Assault
- “Yes” means “Yes”. Do not touch or photograph anyone without their express permission.
- Harassment is any behavior that seriously annoys or alarms another person. This includes, but is not limited to :
- Unwanted physical contact
- Following someone in a public area
- Verbal assaults
- Threatening physical violence.
- An offender may lose their badge and the matter may be referred to the proper law enforcement authorities.
- If you are being harassed, immediately contact Kawaii Kon or Hawaii Convention center security or a nearby member of the Kawaii Kon staff. Convention staff and security personnel have the right to remove an attendee’s badge for not following the rules and their commands, and may eject a person from the convention.
Buying, Selling, and Solicitation
- Kawaii Kon has a few main areas where merchandise is sold –Dealers Room and Artist Alley. Anyone who receives payment for goods in the convention space must comply with all the convention’s rules regarding this. For any sale of merchandise, the exhibitor rules apply. Other restrictions may also apply.
- Kawaii Kon takes its obligations in this area very seriously. Any solicitation at the convention, whether verbal or use of signage for monetary payment or exchange of services that does not comply with these restrictions, is prohibited. Some examples of prohibited solicitation or sale are musicians requesting tips, setting up artwork for sale in the common areas, and passing out signs or cards to solicit a business in areas other then the aforementioned commerce areas.
- Violation of these rules may result in the offender forfeiting their pass, returning all payments, and facing expulsion from the convention area. Please also note that certain solicitations are ILLEGAL and will result in immediate membership pass forfeiture and possible referral to the proper law enforcement authorities.
- Offering favors of a sexual nature for sale, such as kisses, hugs, dates, gropes, spankings, etc., are strictly prohibited as they may be viewed as forms of prostitution.
- Attempts to circumvent any of these rules such as throwing money and merchandise on the ground and other such tactics are also prohibited.
- Kawaii Kon, its personnel, and its affiliates are not responsible for any damage, theft, injury, or loss. Attendees of the convention are responsible for their own actions and belongings as well as for any resulting repercussions. Staff is on hand to assist in any situation. However, any civil or medical emergencies that may occur must be handled directly be the appropriate authorities.
- Kawaii Kon reserves the right to remove the right to remove any attendee from the Convention grounds for any reason deemed unsafe or harmful to others or for repeated failure to follow the rules.