Thank you for your interest in our upcoming convention! In order to ensure that we give the best experience to our guests, this year we will strive to diversify the selection of artwork in the Artist Alley. For this purpose, we will be evaluating all applicants.
Applications for 2022 are now closed. Information from 2022 is below for your records.
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Pro Spots
- Artists or groups may purchase up to TWO Pro Spots. (Space permitting for the general registration process.)
- For PRINTS, there is no limit to the quantity that can be created/sold.
- For all other MERCHANDISE TYPES, such as makeup pouches or acrylic charms, a 100-piece max quantity limit will apply.
- Freestanding displays can be up to 12 feet tall, measured from the ground up. (Convention center guidelines dictate that freestanding displays are on a sturdy base.)
- If you would like to rearrange your space, (i.e. move or remove the table), this is the space for you.
- Pro spots will be in prime locations of the Artist Alley. The groupings will not have end-cap spots, and they will be spaced further apart than the Standard Tables.
- Pro Spots will be guaranteed an 8’ table.
If your wares are 70% or more uniquely crafted by you, then the Standard tables are for you! Some items that are primarily pre-fabricated will not allowed for sale in the Standard section, or only available in very limited quantities. If you are unsure about your merchandise, feel free to email us!
- Standard tables are limited to a maximum of 1 table per artist or group. There will be NO exceptions. Displays cannot span two tables, and there will be a maximum of 4 badges allowed with one table purchase.
- Standard tables will not allow freestanding displays. All displays must be secured to the table, and can be no higher than 5 feet from the top of the table.
- You may not produce/sell more than 100 copies/units of each item.
- Standard tables will be given a 6’–8’ table, depending on availability.
Should I get an Artist Alley table or a Dealer’s Booth?
- There are different restrictions on what you can sell at each type of table.
- If your merchandise is drawn or handcrafted by you or another artist at your table, and available in limited quantities, an artist alley table is for you!
- The Dealer’s Room is home to licensed, resold and mass produced merchandise. If that sounds like what you’re selling, please visit our Dealer’s Page.
Where is the Artist Alley located?
- For 2022, the Kawaii Kon Artist Alley will be located in the Kamehameha Exhibit Hall on the first floor of the convention center.
How much is an Artist Alley table?
(Max 1 table purchase per artist.)
How do I purchase an Artist Alley table?
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Online applications will be available 2/5/2022 through 2/19/2022.
- All applications, status updates and payments for those accepted will be handled completed through Eventeny.
Limitations on Sales
- All vendors will obey federal, state, and local laws and ordinances regarding the sale of material that, intentionally or unintentionally, infringes upon the trademarks or copyrights of another party.
- Please abide by the state of Hawaii’s new local law regarding the ban of plastic bags.
- Artists may only sell their own original artwork and creations.
- Artists cannot sell licensed or logo merchandise unless it can be considered “fan art.”
- Industry may be present at the show, and certain fan art may violate their trademarks. Please read Funimation’s stance on fan-art to understand what is acceptable and what is not.
- Artists cannot not sell “mass produced” items. Artist Alley defines “mass produced” as more than 100 units of a single item. Resellers and commercial artists are welcome to purchase booth space in the Dealer’s Room.
- The sale of real weapons is prohibited in Artist Alley.
- You may not display material deemed offensive or inappropriate. The Artist Alley Directors and Kawaii Kon have the sole right to determine what is offensive or inappropriate. You may not sell offensive or inappropriate material to minors (under age 18).
- You may share your table space with other vendors, but you may not resell, sublet, or otherwise profit off the table space itself. If you share table space, the table owner (purchaser) will be held liable for any rule violations committed by other vendors at their table.
- There are no refunds on table sales. If you cannot attend, contact us before the cancellation deadline. Roll-overs are no longer offered. Tables are non-transferable and cannot be sold to another artist.
- You may not damage, mark, or disfigure any of the provided equipment (including tables, chairs, table skirting, carpets, etc.). Report any accidental damage to the Artist Alley Staff as soon as possible. You may be held responsible for any fines incurred by Kawaii Kon resulting from these damages.
- There is to be no smoking, burning of objects, or open flame in Artist Alley at any time.
- Artist Alley Directors and Staff promote a safe and respectful environment for the artists and guests. As such, artists must abide by all instructions given to them by Kawaii Kon and Artist Alley Directors and Staff. Vendors must also comply to the rules set forth by the Hawai‘i Convention Center.
- Artists in Artist Alley should conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Dyad, LLC and Kawaii Kon staff are not responsible for any personal items or merchandise.
- Confirm you are providing a valid email address and check your email often. If you do not hear from us, contact us at email@example.com to verify your email address. Artist Alley is not liable if you do not receive information because you did not check your email or provided an incorrect email address.
- You may play videos/music, but noise levels must be kept to a reasonable level. Limit volume to no more than 5 feet from your booth. If there are complaints you will be asked to turn down/off your music.
- No more than 2 chairs will be allowed per full table.
- Freestanding forms (only allowed in the Pro Spot) must be secure and not endanger public safety.
- Your items cannot extend into the walkways or into other artists’ spaces.
- Per Fire Department regulations, additional power strips may not be plugged into the ones provided.
- The Hawai’i Convention Center requires the use of special tape on any carpeted area. Do not tape anything to the carpet.
- If you require more outlets or if an area poses a tripping hazard, see the Artist Alley staff.
- Dyad, LLC and the Kawaii Kon staff are not responsible for any personal items or merchandise.
If special arrangements are required, please contact the Artist Alley Director no later than 2 weeks before the convention.