Welcome to the family!
Kawaii Kon is Hawaii’s largest anime convention, and we are excited to work with you and create the best anime convention possible.
In addition to all of the great perks such as badges and backstage access, you can join a huge family of the coolest otaku and fans and contribute to creating a wonderful experience for attendees and guests alike.
What is expected of Kawaii Kon Crew?
- Crew members are required to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours throughout the 3 day weekend. That’s just 5 hours a day!
- Crew members must keep in contact with their directors – crew members should inform their director ahead of time if they will be missing a meeting, and respond to any communications given by their director.
- Each department has different goals and requirements you will need to meet to be a successful part of their department. Once you’ve contacted us and told us where you’d like to help, your director will contact you and keep you up to speed on what is expected of you.
- Crew members are required to follow the same weapons policy, code of conduct and other rules set forth by the convention for all attendees. No exceptions.
Is there an age requirement?
- You must be over the age of 16 to be a Kawaii Kon Crew member. Those who are between the ages of 16 – 17 will need a Parental Consent Form on file with us by the time of the convention in order to be considered.
- Some departments may have higher age restrictions.
How do I get my crew badge?
- Once you have applied to be part of crew, first time crew members will need to pay a one-time badge fee of $20. A special link will be e-mailed to you after we receive your application.
Does Kawaii Kon cover expenses, accommodations or other expenses?
- You will be responsible for covering any travel/expenses/accommodations you require. We do suggest you take advantage of our group rate if you need hotel accommodations.